Extension of the Lilydale Line
On the 15th May 1888 the Lilydale line was extended from Lilydale to Yarra Flats (Yarra Flats became Yarra Glen) with intermediate stations at Coldstream and Yering. The main work required on this extension was on the long timber viaduct with 502 openings near Yarra Glen. This bridge spanned the Yarra River and the adjacent flood plains. During construction in 1887-89 about 800 workers were employed on the line.
K184 with a mixed train bound for Healesville 25/06/72.
Credits for the history pages:
Jack McLean, Ken Coram, Bert Oakley, Mike Guiney and B.Payne.
A.R.H.S., Archives at Windsor Railway Station, Personal collections of the Yarra Valley Tourist Railway Society.